Friday, April 6, 2012

Is…that…a…word? *Scratch, scratch* Is …that…a…board? *Sniff, sniff* Is it…digitized?? *Slobber*

Okay. So, maybe it’s a bit dramatic. However, that is how people feel about Words With Friends! Some may call us ‘grammar Nazis,’ but I prefer to think of myself as a ‘word nerd, ‘personally“ And so what if words make me happy…and slightly addled?

Here’s the deal; I love playing with the Scrabble cheat it is a magical Scrabble solver. I could be working my shift and being ‘on level’ while scoring my word goods on the side. But…I am out in the open. I admit my problems, while sniffing my words. I roll my word on the instant gratification that “Words With Friends” gives me.

Let’s start at the beginning. My addiction began with baby words. I am sure my first words were ‘Baja, not ‘mama. By the time I was 12, my pimp was Scrabble, the magical word unscrambler. By the time I was 30, “Words With Friends” owned my tail. Slowly, I realized my problem and that it was time to go through the infamous steps.

Step 1: I am powerless over you, “Words With Friends,” as are nameless others. I give in to your creepy word power.

Step 2: “Words With Friends,” you obviously possess a power greater than I do. Now, I grew up in the church. So…I cannot straight up give it to you…but *bow, bow, bow.*

Step 3: “Words With Friends,” I turn my will over to your salacious, tempting use of words for points. Please be kind to the words. Keeping points is not right.

Step 4: I have taken a fearless look at myself and have decided…that “Words With Friends” owns my tail.

Step 5: The Good Lord knows that I am recalcitrant and I have acknowledged this…and “Words With Friends” knows that it does not matter; I am still going to play the game relentlessly.

Step 6: I am SO ready to have “Words With Friends” remove my character flaws. In fact, I think I have a character delete button somewhere. Just a second while I find it?

Step 7: “Words With Friends?” Please remove my shortcomings? Especially, my misspellings and misinterpretations? I love being clever with a word, but cannot stand misusing on…unless someone calls me on it.

Step 8: I made a list and checked it twice. I need the anagram solver to determine if I am ignorant or nice. With all of that said, I need to make amends. Necessary, Disappoint, and Ridiculous. I am so, so sorry. I have misspelled you for years and you deserve my penance. The next time I play the game, I promise to not TO Embarrass you with my bad spelling.

Step 9: Direct apologies? Hmmm. Well, my addiction personifies you, but my sanity knows you are a game. What to do? What to do?

Step 10: Okay, so I am going to take my own inventory. I am going to own up to my scrabble flaws and my “Words With Friends” transgressions. I admit that I love the game and will play it until I can play it no more.

Step 11: Oh, “Words With Friends?” How do I stay pure? How do I resist the challenges of my fellow grammarians and addicts? How do I resist the call and pull of their taunts and the throw-down of their word play?

Step 12: I have woken up, “Words With Friends.” I have arisen to resist your word puzzles and points. You cannot beat me with your sumptuous, tantalizing scoreboard…unless you want me to? Oh, well. “Words With Friends,” I am unapologetically powerless and I want to get better, but I know I cannot. I cannot quit you. Why can‘t I quit you?

Extended play for everyone and you can take your time.

Words with Friends is addictive for the same reason that Scrabble is addictive; it is the trumping, the one-upmanship by word composition. However, Words with Friends has an extra edge that other word games do not have. Instant gratification.

For more information on Scrabble Cheat, please visit our website at http://www.scrabblecheatguide.com/

Source: PRlog.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment